Monday, January 19

updates and amusements


Thank you for your comments and emails about my knitting dilemma. I feel very calm about it. I think I am going to stick with the motto that crafting is fun, I should do projects no matter what the craft is because I like it. I have so many ideas in my head of things to make it is just so hard to be patient while I finish a project. I have nothing but time to work on all of these things though, I don't need to do all the projects this month or even year. To help me be patient, I keep a little sketch book in my purse at all times to write down ideas that I see or think of, that way I will be able to get to them...someday. On a side note, my husband saw the post title "I had an affair", he was concerned...briefly.


My knitting is going well. I should say that I have big mistakes. But they are cosmetic mistakes and the sweater is still functional. I am working on the 1st sleeve right now, once I am finished I will fill you in on all the mistakes (there might be more!). I still feel very optimistic about knitting though. It is my first knitted garment, my expectations were not that high. I really want to finish my sweater before starting another project but I have some orders to fill (yea!!!!!) so I might take a few nights off to get those ready.

This blog cracks me up: I love you more than blank blog I asked my husband what he would fill in the blank with for his love for me. He said "food". Ummm thanks?? I told him I love him more than the internet, crafting, my big green chair, Detroit Red Wings, and blogging combined. So then he changed his answer to I love you more than our daughter! HA! funny guy.

If it is hitting the negative (!!!) degree cold weather where you are, make one of these fleece ski masks! I have never lived in cold like this before. Walking to work is not much fun, but luckily today was 21 degrees. My husband sporting his. The only thing I didn't do that the tutorial instructed was to add the elastic to bottom. I just didn't think it needed it although, my husband has a large head. Also, I didn't like the idea of sewing the elastic in place so I sewed a pocket and then fed the elastic through.

I also got these valentines. I am just in love with Vol.25's work. It actually really reminds me of my friend Mary's art.(image via Vol.25)

1 comment:

randi said...

I love the you are going with your "crafting is fun" motto! Every so often I fall into the I-have-to-get-it-done-so-I-can-start-another trap and I always end up disliking the way I am spending my time.

Best wishes on your crafting goals!